The information provided at this web site by Perez & Perez, including all emails and newsletters, is not intended to be, legal advice and subject to additional terms and conditions.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE (THE “WEB SITE”), CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, YOU MUST NOT USE OR MUST IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
1. Purpose of Web Site. This Web Site is a service made available by Perez & Perez (“Provider”). The information in the Web Site is for educational purposes, and to give you general information and a general understanding of certain personal and business matters and is not intended to provide legal advice. Although care has been taken to provide accurate and current information, the general principles and information presented at this Web Site may differ depending on local, state, national, international and federal laws, regulations, and court cases. Because the content of this Web Site constantly changes and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is subject to varying interpretations, the reader is urged to consult professionals and/or legal counsel in his or her state or country. This Web Site should not be used as a substitute for competent professional and legal advice.
2. Resources, Products and Third Party References (hereinafter “Tools”). This Web Site also contains information concerning and referencing various third party tools, tips, resources and products. Provider does not warrant the validity of the information, nor does it guarantee the quality of the work product of the Tools. Provider does not review the content of the listings that are provided by the Tools or any links to the Web Site. Provider is not responsible for any material or information contained in the linked sites or provided by Tools. All users of the Web Site are encouraged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any Tools they might consider using.
3. Limited License; Permitted Uses. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license (1) to access and use the Web Site strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use; (2) to use the Web Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and (3) to print out discrete information and search results from the Web Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein.
4. Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use. Your license to access and use the Web Site are subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. You may not: copy, print (except for the express limited purpose permitted by paragraph 3, above), republish, display, transmit, distribute, sell, rent, lease, loan or otherwise make available in any form or by any means all or any portion of the Web Site.
5. Policy on Unsolicited Commercial Email. Provider does not authorize the use of the Web Site for purpose of gathering information for or transmitting unsolicited bulk commercial email over the Internet to anyone. Internet email sent to or through Provider's computer systems containing invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names or other deceptive addressing is deemed counterfeit; the sending or attempt to send counterfeit email to or through the Provider's computer systems is prohibited. Provider prohibits anyone from sending email to or through its computer systems that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use. Provider prohibits the harvesting of email addresses from the Web Site for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk commercial email.
6. No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship. Information contained on or made available through the Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling under any circumstance and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing submitted to this Web Site is treated as confidential. Provider does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Web Site. Your use of information on the Web Site or materials linked from the Web Site is entirely at your own risk.
7. Intellectual Property Rights. Except for the limited license contained in paragraph 3 above, nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use grants or should be construed to grant any licenses or rights, by implication, under copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that all right, title and interest (including all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents and other intellectual property rights) in this Web Site and its content belong to Provider, its licensors, or third parties, as applicable. For further information, see the copyright language herein.
8. Postings. You agree not to post, publish, upload or distribute in the interactive areas on this Web Site any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (“Postings”) which are unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law.
9. Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney, participating in any aspect of this Web Site, including but not limited to, email forums you acknowledge that rules of professional conduct apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such rules. The rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these rules.
10. License of Your Content to Provider. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on the Web Site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Provider a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe.
11. Errors and Corrections. Provider does not represent or warrant that the Web Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. Provider does not warrant or represent that the information available on or through the Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Provider may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or content of the Web Site at any time.
12. Third-Party Content. Third-party content may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. Provider shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third-party content appearing on the Web Site.
13. DISCLAIMER. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS " BASIS.
PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
15. Unlawful Activity. Provider reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to, reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, and IP addresses.
16. Indemnification. You are solely liable for any content, messages or other information you transmit, provide or upload to the Web Site. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Provider from any third party claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including attorney's fees and costs) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
17. Remedies for Violations. Provider reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
18. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Non-Waiver. These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in state court located in Orange County, California and, you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action. The failure of either party to enforce any rights hereunder shall not constitute a waiver of any terms or conditions of these Terms and Conditions of Use.